Russia Inks Deal For Floating Nuclear Power Plant
Russia has reported the signing of a contract between United Industrial Corporation (OPK) and Concern Energoatom PLC for construction of what is believed to be the world’s first floating nuclear power plant.
As proposed, the power generating facility will consist of a non-self-propelled ship measuring 166 x 30 meters with two KLT-40C type reactors.
Plans call for the FNPP to be placed into service by year-end 2012 in Kamchatka in the port of Iluchinsk.
- Coatings, pipe joint
- Compressor components
- Contractor, pipeline
- Contractor, river crossing/ directional drilling
- Directional drilling rigs, large
- Fittings, valves: plastic
- Meters, flow
- Pigs, cleaning
- Pigs, intelligent
- Pigs, scraper/ sphere launchers/ traps
- Scada systems
- Ultrasonic inspection
- Vacuum excavators/ potholing
- Valves, ball
- Welding systems, automatic